Monday, January 2

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Hello everybody!

Just as I told, it's january 2012. The poll turned out to be a tie, so I've decided that the first thing I post is about my opinion of the book. So, here it is. I realized that it isn't as easy as I thought it would be, but I did my best and I hope it pleases you :)


Pages: 463
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Rating: 9.5/10

This book is about a teenage girl with the usual problems, but somehow these problems are different. Everything seems so much more intense, although Ronnie (the main character) has (or hasn't anymore) one thing that she and I have in common: we've lost someone who was very close. At first you don't realize what they mean to you, but when you lose them, it's like your whole world crashes. You fall in a big black hole. And when that happens, you also realize that there are many moments that you've missed and all the moments you won't share together anymore. But you know that the person you loved so much would have wanted you to go further with your live, with or without them. I cried at the end of the story, because I relived that time again, the time I wouldn't want to relive again. I cried on my vacation, where you're supposed to have fun. No concerns, no obligations, no sorrows. But I did. If there are anyone had this too, you're not alone.

Enough about me, let's talk about the book. There's always something that you're interested in. If it is not music, maybe it is boys ;) also it talks a little bit about the society of today: teenagers hanging around, falling in love for the first time ...  It's a book you can read with a nice tempo, it doesn't let you go. This book is not fast, but not slow either. It's slow enough so you have a decent book, but it's also fast enough so you have a good and readable book, worth buying or borrowing it.

This book has also been filmed, starring Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. You should watch him, it's not as good as the book, but ... No, just see him and give me your opinion. Vote on the poll on the right of this article for example :)


No comments:

Post a Comment