Sunday, February 26

Voor Claire by Frauke Joossen

Hello guys,

time for a new book. This book is very emotional, something you don't see everyday. This book is unique, there's no other story like this.

Pages: 312
Publisher: Uitgeverij Van Halewyck
Rating: 8.5/10

This book is not a normal one you read everyday. It's about a family who lost a daughter, a sister, a best friend. In the book, you can read three stories. There are chapters, but you don't have to read them in order. This book tells the story of a triplet, and two of the children have mucosal. Claire died of it, her sister is still alive, but knows that this could also happen to her. This story learned me that, even if you're sick, you still can enjoy live. The story tells us that the girl was still smiling the day before she died. You have to be happy with what you have, just like she did. Smile, even when you are in deep trouble. I bought this book because I thought it would be interesting to know what happened, and how the others dealt with it. It was much more than that. It was so heavy, but yet easy to read. It's hard to explain actually. You're pulled in this story, but it's a book where you don't have a good feeling of afterwards.

Deep lesson of the week. The writer did a very good job, but it was hard for me to read, many aspects were very emotional. I think it wasn't easy for the journalist to write these stories down, and even harder to listen to them. Prepare yourself if you read this book, because it's going to be quite a ride.

You may have noticed that I didn't use smileys and used short sentences in this review. That's because this is serious. This was the most thrilling book I ever read. I have a deep respect for these people, and I don't think that will change. Maybe there's a book that's even more thrilling than this one. Send me an e-mail with the title and author in it and I'll read it, give my opinion and a rating, it will appear here on my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Marie,

    Try TONIO by A.F.Th. Van der Heijden.

    Looking forward to read your review.

    J. Bond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting !
      It has been placed on my 'to read'-list, I'll read it as fast as I can !

      Delete
  2. I loved 'Cirkel in het gras' by Oek de Jong; why don't you try it

    Kind regards, Stella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting !
      It has been placed on my 'to read'-list, I'll read it as fast as I can !

      Delete